Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Introduction from Duncan

Live the dream

I read last night that everything you do should be fulfilling 'the dream'.

In an embarrassingly non-technical way I am sat on the 08:01 to London Bridge writing this with pen and paper. Amazingly enough it is currently snowing (and has been for 2 weeks, although nothing has settled), even more amazing is the fact the train is on-time (no leaves on the line, no signal failure, no broken down train, no delay)

This is not the dream.

This is NOT the dream.

My dream is to be able to get out of bed and start work. My dream is to want to get out of bed and start work. My dream is to run my own company and work for myself. My dream is to run my own company and work for myself doing something I enjoy. This dream is fundamental to me, fundamental to WandD, and therefore fundamental to this blog.

Hi, my name is Duncan, you can read more about me (or at least the same stuff with a different background / font / color...) at www.dmorris.co.uk. I graduated from the University of Glasgow in 2002, after four of the hardest years of my life. I am the proud owner of a 2:1 in Computer Science from one of the most highly rated universities in the field. It wasn't easy, it was a lot of hard work, lates nights and coffee. While most of my friends were at the pub/cinema/etc I (along with the other people on my course) were in the labs working. Third and Fourth year computer scientists were the only undergraduates at the time with 24 hour access to the university. I would like to say I didn't need it, and never used it, but that would by lying. Despite all of this I loved it. I would gladly have my time over again, and wouldn't change anything for the world. The thing is, once you have found something you love you want to keep doing it. For whatever reason I enjoy coding / programming (whatever you want call it) so spending all night in the lab getting a program to work wasn't actually all that bad.

So you join me now, about to embark on the next step. Working for myself, working with Will, doing something I love, namely designing and writing websites and all that goes with it.

Trackback Link: [Introduction from Duncan]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home