Wednesday, April 13, 2005

RSS readers and what WandD is reading

RSS readers

I use the web-based tool Bloglines to keep track of and read the RSS feeds in which I'm interested. I hear that the new version of OS X, Tiger has a number of nice features for reading RSS feeds, so I might move to a local reader, but I like the way Bloglines lets me read feeds from any computer and keep track of what I've read.

Bloglines lets you publish your own blog very easily. I'm not particularly interested in having a personal blog, and this is good enough for WandD, but I am starting to take advantage of the facility allowing you to publish what you are currently reading, or your 'blogroll'.

What WandD (or at least Will) is reading

I have recently taken advantage of the functionality allowing me to publish my blogroll, and so you can see what I'm reading at WandD-reading. It's quite an esoteric mix - the things I read fall into a number of categories:

  • Fun stuff, like Dilbert
  • Technical news, like The Register
  • General news:
    • I try to get news from sources whose editorial content I agree with (no, I'm not going to tell you which those are, email me if you want to discuss it)...
    • ...as well as from those with whom I often find myself disagreeing - I find this keeps me on my toes and also allows me to get a balanced view
  • Other bits and pieces of interest, such as Mark Cuban's blog

Take a look around and drop me a line if you know of anything else I should take a look at.

Trackback Link: [RSS readers and what WandD is reading]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home