Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Millionty-one, gigantinormous & other made up words

Made up words

I found to my dismay that I regularly use the top 2 made up words. According to Merriam-Webster (an American dictionary) the top three Favo[u]rite words (not in the dictionary) are:

  1. ginormous (adj)
  2. confuzzled (adj)
  3. woot (interj)

Ginormous

Ginormous: Bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous. I also tend to find myself saying Gigantinormous, which I think derived from the child of a good friend. On a similar note I would like to offer a word for a large number. This one I am sure came from the previously mentioned good friend. Millionty-one: A large number. I bet that software is a millionty-one pounds.

Confuzzled

Confuzzled: Confused and puzzled at the same time. I rarely get confused, but when I do I am always confuzzled.

Woot

Woot: an exclamation of joy or excitement. OK, so I don't regularly woot, but we do have a no whooping till we get in the car policy.

The full list of favo[u]rite made-up words can be seen at Merriam-Webster.

Trackback Link: [Millionty-one, gigantinormous & other made up words]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home